Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday thought process

I tried to write this yesterday but I was too tired to have any thoughts.

It was a weird week...I don't exactly know where it all went.  I had a 4-day weekend, went to some classes, then suddenly it was Friday again.  I don't think I did much out of the ordinary.  Sunday my choir had a mini-concert at a little retirement community -- I didn't really mention it because it wasn't really open for just anyone to go and it really was just a bunch of stuff we sang back in March since we only just started rehearsals for December's concert.  Plus it's a little early to be performing anything we have planned for December, haha.

Anyway, other than the concert, the only break in my routine was going to Bar Review (law students gathering at a bar, not anything to do with the Bar Exam).  Which was an adventure for two reasons...one, I finally drove in Downtown Boston (with Megan as my navigator...because I could not do it without either a navigator or a GPS...) and two, shortly before I was going to leave they set up karaoke so I HAD to stay and ended up leaving about 2 hours after I planned to.  And then, to be nice, I drove Megan home...I was leaving two hours later than I'd planned anyway, so why not?  So, anyway, I got home ridiculously late, ate my dinner that had been sitting in the crockpot since noon (it was on low, so I knew it would be fine...and it was delicious!) and went to bed at about 1.  Which made for a very sleepy Friday.

Hmm...what else is new?  Well, I finally had to turn on my heat this week, and discovered that now the furnace is making this loud, low, vibrating noise.  It wasn't doing it last winter, but now it is.  I told my landlord because it's loud to me, for one thing, it bothers the cat, for another, and apparently (because one of them stopped by) even the neighbors can hear it.  So he let the heating guy in on Friday while I was at school to look at it, and apparently the furnace does not seem to be the problem...they think it may be somewhere in the pipe system.  So it's still unresolved, but it will get fixed, because I have an awesome landlord who always makes sure stuff is fixed.

I finally bought the Good Belly juice I mentioned last week, I had it for the first time this morning.  It's tasty, which is good.  Can't tell if it's working yet, this being the first day and all, but I'll keep you posted.

So a couple weeks ago I threatened to just throw my letter jacket on over my clothes (yes, I lettered...in choir) and call myself a high schooler...and then, as it turns out, other people think it's a good idea.  So I'm going to wear a short skirt and knee-high socks with it, just to make it a little more like a costume.  I only need to go out and buy the socks.  Fun, right?  =)

Hmm...I'm thirsty.  Gotta get some water.

Okay, I'm back.

Anything else?  Oh!  Duh!  I went to see Where the Wild Things Are today.  My friend and I drove to a nearby IMAX theater...which is in...of all places...a furniture store.  Jordan's Furniture, to be exact.  Not only is there an IMAX theater, there's also one of those things where you get to fly on a trapeze (with safety ropes attached to you, of course) and various other stuff.  Christine said the other locations have different stuff.  It was so...odd.  But anyway, back to the movie.  It was SO cute!  Just how I imagined it would be.  I was quite pleased.  You all should go see it.  =)

Well, I guess that's about it for this week.  Until next time!

Go visit the others for more thought processes!

Jenn
Ginger
Kate
Bree
KC (aka my mom)
Blogged with the Flock Browser

4 comments:

pastrywitch said...

Hope you are feeling better! The theater sounds like fun - I don't think the one here has a trapeeze.

KC McAuley said...

oh how fun! A trapeze. Clearly these people are thinking of cool ways to keep kids busy while the parents furniture shop. But heck...they are cool things for the parents to do, too!

Let me know about the good belly. I may have to try it myself. :(

And I'm not sure I'll be up to driving downtown Boston!! :D

Unknown said...

Excellent costume idea! I love "free" Halloween costumes considering they usually only get worn once & tossed. We turned the heat on too, I hope the winter is early but short, like it gets back to the 60's in March. Dare to dream!

Did you go to the Jordan's in Avon? Haven't been to an IMAX yet, will have to check it out.

Bridgete said...

No, the Avon one doesn't have an IMAX. It was the one in Reading.

I am the master of using clothes I already have as part of my Halloween costume, lol. That or buying stuff that I'll wear again as normal clothes.