Sunday, June 14, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday - Yes, it's been a while

I know, I've missed a few SSS posts. But I've been a little crazy, and shadow shots weren't presenting themselves to me. Until...this one.


I noticed this when I was laying in bed the other night. Because the light is from a streetlight outside, I knew I'd need the fancy camera and a tripod, otherwise I was never going to get the exposure to come out. I also knew that by the time I got everything all set up, curiosity would have gotten the best of my dear Severus and he would have moved, thus ruining the shot. So I had to remember to set it up before bed another night. He always gets in that same window whenever I open it to let in the cool night air so I didn't think there would be an issue with the pose.

It took me a couple days to remember to set everything up, but I finally did, and then last night the window was open, the cat was perfectly positioned, I had the camera all set on the right shutter speed, f-stop, and "film" speed (for lack of a better term...it's a digital camera but there's a setting for what would be the film speed), so all I had to do was slowly creep out of bed, hit the button (without shaking the camera...I should have set up my cable release too but I didn't think of that) and hope the cat didn't move too much in reaction to the noise of the shutter going off.

Anyway, I'm off to bed now, but I wanted to post this while it was still Sunday. =)

Oh, by the way, go to Hey Harriet for more Shadow Shot Sunday fun.

5 comments:

pastrywitch said...

It looks like Severus is using a mini-laptop. Imagine the chaos....

wv: unundis - another way of saying 'commando style'

KC McAuley said...

very nice. I like how you had to be all sneaky. Sol has been posing a lot lately - but even with the Iphone handy, I'm missing lots of his better poses.

Bree said...

Very well executed photo, Miss Bridgete! I guess we both did kitty pictures this week (now that I'm jumping on the bandwagon with sss)

Bridgete said...

Hahaha, it does look like he has a mini-laptop.

CSD Faux Finishing said...

Wow Bridgete, awesome! I love your "fancy" camera techniques displayed here. Very dedicated for SSS! Severus is an excellent model :)