Monday, May 31, 2010

And...done.

Well...I graduated.  And now I have to prep for the bar.  So...I'm done, but not done.  But graduation was a great day.  I really did work hard to get there, so even though I now have more work ahead of me, I still feel good about what I've accomplished so far.

All the lawyers here call the state "Pass-achusetts", so I'm hoping that means I shouldn't be concerned.  But it's still going to be two more months of intense studying...Pass-achusetts or not, I have to study for it.  The only reason so many people pass here is because of how Mass deals with the scoring -- rather than say you failed because you just missed the mark on one part of it (essay or multiple choice), if you can make up for it on the other part and your overall score is good enough, you pass.

In spite of how busy I'm going to be, apparently I have a date...sometime this week.  We haven't made the official plan, but he's been texting me and stuff so I don't think he's going to forget about me, lol.  I met him last night, he's a friend of Vanessa's...or maybe a friend of one of her friends.  Whatever.  He's nice and interesting, and he seems intelligent.  He's a paramedic, which is pretty cool (and with how often I like to hit my head/sprain my ankle/otherwise injure myself, that could be useful, lol).  And when he asked me to dinner, I warned him that I'm not one of those girls who just eats a salad at dinner and he told me he thinks that's hot, lol.  I'll just have to warn him that I may be short on time, especially at the end of July.  I have this tendency to meet guys when I'm not looking for one because I'm going to be busy or I'm moving across the country or something, so I've learned to just go with it.

Oh!  Part of commencement week was a scavenger hunt all over Boston.  It was on Tuesday, which was, of course, the hottest day EVER.  Okay, not ever, but it got up to like, 90.  Anyway, so my team didn't win, we ran out of steam (and so did Abby, Amanda's chihuahua) so we didn't get nearly as much stuff as some of the other teams.  BUT, we ended up winning most creative with our interpretations for the photo requirements, so we still each got a $15 iTunes gift card, woo!

Well, I think that's about it.  I might be back to complain about bar studying, but I'm not sure.  I'll at least try to keep you all posted on the new boy.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was fantastic to be able to cheer for you as you were hooded, announced & handed a diploma! I am so proud of your accomplishments my friend ♥

Have fun on the date & don't stress about the next stage, you're bound to do amazing as always (though I will miss being able to hang out, we must get drinks before you get too deep into your studies & next summer its ALL about the beach if you get a day off here or there :-)

You know, as a strong, independent gal who's in her late 20's and about to become a lawyer, but just met a nice guy when not looking to do so, you'd make an excellent character profile...hmmm...lol

Bridgete said...

Hahaha, I suppose I would make an excellent character profile. Especially since I seriously always meet guys when I'm not looking.

I LOVED having you there to cheer me on! It was so nice to look up and see you there!

Next summer, beach...check. =)

Oh, update re: the date. It's on Saturday. I guess that means tomorrow...lol. =)