Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yay, recycling!

I came home today to find a notice had been deposited at every door in my complex. They're going to start doing recycling pick up! And you can just mix it all together and throw it in the same bin! Yay! I didn't even have to lobby to get it started!

*Does the happy recycling dance*

In other news, the first choir rehearsal was awesome. The audition is actually next Monday, this last Monday I got to hang out and learn the audition piece, as well as a couple other pieces they're currently working on. Even during rehearsal, the group sounds great, and the rehearsals were done in such a way that my limited sight reading is actually more than sufficient. So I think it will be a good fit. I still have to see what happens at the audition, but I feel pretty good about that right now. Yay!

Well, that's about it. Except for the fact that I fell on some stairs earlier today and bruised my butt and my elbow. On my elbow, the bruise is right around my funny bone, I still have some of that weird tingling you get. Can you bruise your funny bone? Anyway, the fall itself was that lovely "graceful" move many of us have done when going down stairs too fast with wet shoes, your foot just slips out from under you and down you go. lol.

Anyway, I'm going to go sit on some ice now. Or maybe I'll just pop outside and sit in one of the knee-deep snowdrifts. =P
Blogged with the Flock Browser

5 comments:

pastrywitch said...

Sorry about your snowdrifts. Our snow is just about melted, thanks to a string of 60 degree days. Which will most likely be followed by a blizzard....

disabled account said...

blizzard, yes. most likely....

anywho, ouch! sorry about the fall. i'm glad you're okay. and yes, you can bruise your funny bone, kind of. it's a nerve that makes all that pain and you probably have bruising around it and it's the swelling making it go all wonky. be nice to it for a few days...ice packs and all, right?

yay recycling! ((doing the happy recycling dance with you)) congratulations! i wish more apartment complexes would get on board with programs for that.

word verification: efoll
something awful pertaining to the internet; as in email or etrade. also used to describe a particularly bad blog one has come across.
ex: "i happened across an efoll blog today that discussed the perils of recycling. the writer stated his opinion about how global warming is a scam created by the recycling companies."

KC McAuley said...

Okay...I'm sorry about your fall, happy about your audition. Yay for your recycling. And here's a hug! Did you use you Tigger boo-boo ice pack?? *GRIN!*

Bridgete said...

I don't mind the snowdrifts. =)

Funny bone was definitely "bruised," in some sense of the word.

And yes, I used the Tigger boo-boo ice pack. =)

CSD Faux Finishing said...

Yea for recycling! ::does the eco dance with Bridgete:: woo hoo! How awesome that your building is getting into it, such good news. As is the upcoming audition tomorrow, good luck!!!

Yikes! I hope your butt & arm feel better soon, what a sucky thing to fall down stairs :( Hope that glass of wine & canoli did the trick in recovery :)

Verification: kwousen - what you said out loud when you hit the ground ;)